The group's diverse membership supports AHPs who wish to pursue research but have not yet had the opportunity or support to do so.
The membership of this AHP network is drawn from representatives from clinical and academic organisations in Cheshire and Merseyside and representatives from each of the AHP professional groups.
The Cheshire and Merseyside AHP Research Network aims to provide professional leadership, an experience base, a signposting service for research funding, a toolkit of research methodology, mentorship and supervision.
Objectives of the network are:
- To build capacity for AHP related research
- To raise the awareness and profile of AHP related research
- To facilitate support for AHP related research and help to develop an environment in which such research can grow
- To provide information about existing research resources
- To share good practice and strategies for increasing research activity
- To encourage and support the dissemination of research outputs and findings
- To identify processes to support the implementation of research evidence into clinical practice
- To promote the benefits of cross-profession research for AHPs in both clinical and professional topics